PR Intern - Rachel Dalton Communications
Purpose of the role:
- To provide support on designated client accounts by helping to implement different aspects of each client PR Support Programmes.
- Maintain and develop positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and the media to ensure the successful delivery of PR/Communication initiatives.
- To demonstrate a high level of personal organisation in carrying out this work.
- To ensure that you are working within and adhering to RDC systems and procedures.
- To ensure a high level of accuracy and quality of work.
Reporting to the Account Manager, Senior Account Executive
Working on Church & Dwight, Ecuri, Sumita Brows, Cliona’s Foundation, Ieso, Avoca Clinic and RDC marketing and new business.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Becoming familiar with client PR plans and programmes
- Getting to know allocated clients
- Dealing with clients in an efficient and pleasant manner
- Responding quickly to any client email/phone calls or request
- Ensuring that account handler is copied in on any client correspondence
Press Release Development
- Assisting in researching, devising ideas and preparation of press releases
- Distribution of press releases
- Filling out distribution forms
- Getting to know VIP media
- Understanding RDC’s master media filing procedure
- Preparing VIP sampling lists
- Postage and packaging of media samples
- Follow up with all VIP media sampling
- Filing hard copies of releases and VIP distribution lists
- Ensuring all client filing is up to date (hard copies and soft copies)
- Daily updating of Harvest timesheets
- Developing strong knowledge of Irish media contacts, publications and columns
- Daily monitoring for client coverage
- Identifying opportunities for client
- Issuing press releases to media monitoring company
- Setting up new client monitoring
Press Office Management
- Responding to media enquiries within a 24 hour framework
- Tailoring response for different media requirements
- Ensuring provision of accurate information
- Updating all Irish media lists using bounce-backs from own and other press release distribution, media notifications and call arounds
- Ensuring that there is only one master list for each industry sector/media constituency
- Developing relations with the media to include pitch calls, writing press releases and proactive initiatives to influence client products/services/stories within the media.
- Development of meeting agendas
- Issuing agendas 24 hours in advance of any meetings
- Taking detailed notes of agreed RDC actions arising at meeting
- Tidying up after client meetings
- Preparing agreed actions report following meeting
- Executing required tasks/actions following meetings.
- Updating client high level plans in advance/post meeting
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a variety of events and promotional activities.
- Factoring in overall project costings, ensuring delivery within budget.
- Optimising chargeable hours as a percentage of overall hours.
(a) Client Management
Knowing who RDC clients are, focusing on their needs and developing relationships that ensure long-term client satisfaction.
(b) Planning and Organisational Skills
Plans and prioritises workload effectively setting realistic timeframes and deliverables, communicates deviations (actual or potential) from planned work and is prepared to handle any unforeseen circumstances.
(c) Communication Skills (verbal and written)
Actively contributes to effective and timely communication both internally and externally using the most appropriate mediums. Listens attentively and tailors communication to suit individuals.
(d) Self Confidence
Is confident and articulate with staff, clients and external individuals and deals assertively with challenging tasks.
(e) Creative and Innovative Thinking
Thinks creatively to identify fresh approaches and shows a willingness to generate innovative solutions/improvements to current business practices and job tasks.
Demonstrates a high level of accuracy in work.
(g) Understanding & Knowledge of RDC Systems
Familiarisation & adherence to RDC systems and procedures.
To apply, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to Laura Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org.